Friday, December 13, 2013

Selfie

This word has gone viral over the past year or so. So viral that it even has it own spot in the Oxford dictionary, along with 'twerk' and 'vom'. Honestly, these words crack me up. I admit that I am guilty of using these words but when somebody uses it excessively or in the wrong context, I can't help but laugh. But then again, I laugh at almost anything. 
Selfies have been so popular that the 'duck face' was developed and continually criticized upon. 

For me personally, I think duck faces are great. Why?
Because, if done successfully, the viewer will most probably like the photo, in turn making the poster happy as we have become greedy about getting likes. However, if done unsuccessfully, well, I just have a laughing session and get on with my uneventful life. 

Instagram has also, in my opinion, increased the number of selfies taken a day.
Think about it. A social media platform that designed specifically for sharing photos online. Does that not invite people to grace everyone with duck faces? Great! If it were hunting season. Actually I don't even know if they hunt ducks at hunting season. Do they? Or maybe the name is something a little bit more specific. Duck-hunting season? I don't know. 

But in all honesty, I have nothing against selfies. In fact I probably take a few selfies a day myself, although I delete them off my phone so that when people do look through my album, they won't see derps with countless chins and huge nose holes, otherwise they might think I'm conceited and narcissistic. But that's just me.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment