Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Times

First of all I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, I know my family stuck to tradition and stayed up, waiting for the clock to strike twelve o'clock and announce it was Christmas. That was also the time where we give and receive presents because we may, or may not, have been good this year. 

Throughout this year, whenever I went out, I would always point something out, whoever I was with, and say, "Oooh! I want that!" and naturally after a week or so, if somebody brought it up, I would deny everything. And if I get insisted to pick something, I get really picky and indecisive, and I don't like being those things purely because it is a huge waste of time. Yep. I am a difficult person to shop for. More often than not, I have no idea what I want or need for Christmas, or even birthdays for that matter, which is why I simply try to keep my mouth shut. And more often than not, I just agree to suggestions that get thrown around so that I don't cause too much trouble for anyone. 

Honestly, I don't like people going out of their way to get me presents. Don't get me wrong, I love getting presents! It's just that I feel like they would be wasting their time because of me. This might not be the same views for different people but that's mine. I prefer gestures or actions that somehow portray a special meaning. I believe that those are the gifts that are the most special and most meaningful because they're not material things that are used and then thrown away later on, but are memories that a person has from their relative or friends or whoever they are receiving from. 

Personally, I am a hugger. I love hugs! I just love them because it's the same thing every single time but at the same time it isn't. It's always different even if you are hugging the same person - it varies and that's what is so appealing to me. Plus it is a huge gesture of affection and comfort and sometimes a hug from someone is the difference between a good and bad day. 

So Word of Advice: Don't fully rely on material things to make you happy. Look beyond that, even if it means going back to basics, and really see what makes you, or somebody special to you, happy.

As always, take care and be safe, especially this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment