Tuesday, December 17, 2013

So Subtle

Admit it. You've accidentally stumbled over something and tried to play it off as nothing only to find out that the person behind you saw the whole thing. Or if you're lucky, there was no one behind you BUT you see someone far away or somebody in their car laughing at you. Moral of the story is that there is always someone watching your every move. Think you're alone?

You're never alone.

Just kidding!
Or am I?


I am a clumsy person. Not overly clumsy where I trip over every little rock on the ground but clumsy enough to make a scene. It has its ups and downs and, being the shy person I am, it was mostly downs for me. 

One summer day, when I was 14 or 15, I fell over a total of four times throughout the day. It really was an unforgettable day.

  1. The first fall was on the way school. There was a branch on the footpath and good old me thought that I could simply step over it. I thought wrong.
  2. First is the worst and second's the best? No. I was running up the stairs (I think you know where this is going) and I accidentally tried to take two steps instead of one like a normal person and earned myself a pretty neat bruise. It was light green then turned into a mean purple. 
  3. I was in the bus for this third one, sitting on my knees because I was talking to my friend behind me. The bus went around the round-about and I lost my balance and fell... On a really cute guy's leg... Yep, brownie points for me. Well at least I got his number. Third time is really a charm.
  4. And finally, I was crossing the road, in front of many, many cars, might I add. I was so close, SO CLOSE to making it. But no. As I stepped off the road, I lose my balance and fall. In front of everyone. 
As I said, I will never forget that day and the fact that I was wearing my hideous uniform only made it worse.

Like always, thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment