Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mind - Reading? Why?

I have always wondered what goes through the minds of the people around me, the people I walk past and the people on the other side of the world. 

From a young age, I have always been a curious child, often wondering about things that do not normally pass through young minds and analyzing situations subconsciously, which then took over my emotions. 
Consequently my parents had to face either the wrath or giggles of their only daughter. Sorry mum and dad!

To this day I am constantly reminded to stop over analyzing things in my head but I can't help it. I'm just so interested in people! Actions, thoughts, opinions, anything that has to do with human interaction I have probably pondered over at one point of my life.

Recently I watched a documentary called Deadly Women which is essentially about the lives of female criminals leading up to their crimes. I was fascinated by the analysis of the professionals in the documentary as they gave a thorough insight, not only of the women and their families, but in the minds of the criminals. Immediately I was engrossed by the documentary and watched it til the end. 

Here's the link online: http://www.citv.com.au/tv-shows/803/deadly-women

It amazed me how they were able to nit-pick the brains of others and gain an understanding of their feelings, emotions, intentions and eventually the meaning behind their actions. To me, that's almost like mind-reading.  I have trouble trying to comprehend my own actions, let alone the actions of others, so this documentary was a real treat. Throughout the documentary, I flashed back to certain events in my life and bombarded my brain with the question why? 
  • Why did they do this?
  • Why did he react like that?
  • Why didn't she do it differently?
I racked my brain for the answers to these questions that arose in my head. But then I asked myself, Why am I doing this? It's in the past. I can't change anything. I guess it's just my curious nature. I know, I know "Curiosity killed the cat" but you know what? I am not a cat therefore I am exempt from this saying and thus I am able to ponder over things as I please. 

Remember: Your mind is only restricted from the things that you let it become restricted by. Open the gates and let it in, let everything in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment